Sunday, October 14, 2012

From the Homefront

Hello Dear friends,

I've feel the need to post a little update, but I'm at a loss for what to say.  Life has been an emotional whirlwind since my plane landed in the good ole' US of A.  I was at home for approximately seven hours before we loaded up in the car to be at the bedside of my very sick Granddaddy.  We drove through the night on Monday night, which proved to be the longest five hours of my life.  By God's grace alone, we made it here to get those much needed hugs.  Nothing compares to a hug that just might be the last one this side of Heaven.  I am beyond thankful that sweet Jesus brought me home with only hours to spare.  He is good.

It's been a long week.  Gran is still hanging in there, but life is being sucked from his body with each breath he takes.  We have had a sweet week together as a family.  I don't think we've all been together for this long...ever.  We're thankful for these last moments together, but we're all ready for Grandaddy to be home.  I've seen more suffering and death during the past five months of my life than ever before.  And there's still the part of me that wants to kick and scream, "This is not how it's supposed to be!!" 

A few weeks ago as I was snuggling sick babies and singing songs over them, I had no idea I'd soon be singing the same songs over my beloved granddaddy.  As much as it pains me, there's something sweet about knowing that my Granddaddy will soon meet some of the little ones that I recently said goodbye to.  And soon my Granddaddy will meet Jesus.  And in that truth, no sadness can be found.

We love you, Gran.  I can't wait for you to see Jesus.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

1 comment: