Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sweet Summertime


I love summertime.  I love everything about it.  Long days, cool mornings, singing birds, melting popsicles, the beach, no school, black bathwater from dirty feet, swimming all day and then being so hungry, watermelon, flip flops, the smell of charcoal, free kid movies, sleeping in, cicadas making a symphony outside your window, bird feeders, wildflowers, fried okra and creamed corn, letting the sun dry your body after swimming, a good beach novel, bright toenails, pony tails, sun-kissed cheeks, sweet tea with extra ice, an early morning walk...I love summertime.

That's why I love our new weekly swim days. There's just nothing quite like naked babies in swim diapers eating popsicles and swimming in the morning sun.  Priceless moments of summertime sweetness. I'm not sure who enjoys it more...the little kiddos...or the big ones :)









1 comment:

  1. L-O-V-E this. My favorite has to be e.w. rolls, but sweet z.h.'s laughter comes close second. As far as who enjoys it more, I'd have to say the big ones ;) (you know Dan-Dan was dying to get in... :) So sad I'll miss swimming this week!

    ReplyDelete