Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Here it goes!

I've always said I would never be a blogger.  Now, I love reading other people's blogs (and probably spend too much time doing it!).  But, I just never thought I'd have anything to say that would really be worth reading.  However, I guess I've had a change of heart as February inches closer and closer and I realize that I'm about to move to China for six months. . . and I need your prayers! I covet your prayers as I embark on this journey.  My heart beats fast when I think about it. Some days I'm so excited that I could squeal. . . some days I'm so afraid that I feel like I could tremble forever.  Some days (most days) I'm so torn between the two that I really don't know how to feel!

I've toyed with the idea of starting a blog for a few months now, but I've been hesitant for a few reasons. Obviously I've decided to move forward.  I've been thinking and praying, and the deepest desires of my heart for this blog is to accomplish a few things.  First of all, I do not in any way, shape or form want this blog to be about Abby.  Seriously, if that's all its about then we all might as well go ahead and close out the screen.  I do not want this to be a place where I chronicle the happenings of my life in hopes of applause or pats on the back.  My only objective is that the glory of Jesus Christ may be revealed.  Reality is, I really have no idea what I'm doing...but I know my Jesus, and my only goal is to be obedient. Only by His sweet Grace!  Second, I don't want this to be a place where I try to pretend I'm perfect (hahahahahaha).  Sometimes when I'm writing, I try to even convince myself that I have it all together.  Not true one bit.  So, I want to be real. Vulnerable. Raw.  This is my life. This is my journey with Jesus.  And I want to invite you to come along! I want to be a living testimony that in my weakness, HE is strong.  Enough said.  Third, I want this blog to inspire others to take a leap of faith.  Whatever that may be...Our Jesus is so faithful, Oh He is so faithful! And when He sends us to the far side of the sea, EVEN THERE His hand will guide us and His right hand will hold us fast.  Hallelujah, what a sweet Savior we serve!  Fourth, I want this to be a place where I invite all my friends and family to literally travel with me in prayer.  My prayer warriors are JUST as much a part of this journey as I am.  I need  you.  And I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

So, there you have it.  My first blog post ever! And I already have tons of ideas for my next post swirling around in my head.  Stay tuned, sweet friends!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! You have a gift, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, Abby! I am so glad that you've started this blog! I can't wait to "travel with you to China"...and see what the Lord accomplishes through your precious heart that is so in love with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dear BFF
    I am so excited for what God has in store for you in China and your life. I am so honored to call you my friend. I love you.

    ReplyDelete