Friday, January 21, 2011

Logistics

Well folks, were exactly two weeks from D-Day.  Departure day that is.  I just thought I'd give a quick update about the logistics of my journey.  I'll fly out on Friday, February 4th.   After a brief layover in New York, I'll fly directly to Beijing.  I'll be spending one night in Beijing and then flying down to Maria's Big House of Hope the next day.  I'll be staying there a little over a week.  A glorious week of loving on precious kiddos, spending lots of time with Jesus, and overcoming jet lag.  This will also give me an opportunity to get acclimated to life at Maria's and get a better feel for what I'll be doing over the summer.  On February 17, I'll fly back to Beijing and meet up with the rest of the students studying with Asia Learn.  We'll spend a few days in Beijing doing orientation-like things including visits to the Great Wall, Tienanmen Square, and the Forbidden City.  It will be a great opportunity to get to know the other international students before we actually get to the university.  On February 21, we'll all fly together down to Chengdu, where we'll settle in at Sichuan University.  This will be home for the next four months.  I'm not sure when classes actually begin, but its shortly after we arrive.  I really don't know what to expect for those four months, so I'll have to fill you in when I have more details.  On May 21, I will fly back to Maria's Big House where I'll stay for the rest of the summer (until August).  So, there you have it--my future life in a nutshell!  Two weeks and counting...wow.  My heart is leaping for joy and churning with fear.  One moment I'm laughing and smiling, and the next I'm crying and worrying.  Good thing my God is constant when I am constantly fluctuating! :)