Friday, February 11, 2011

Pure Bliss

 After my last, sort of morose post, I'm afraid some of you might be getting the impression that I'm a sad, wallowing mess.  Well, there have been moments of that for sure.  But for the most part, I am loving every second of my time here.  Hard days come, but that's totally expected.  I was actually surprised that I made it four whole days before the first hard day came.  So is life.  There will be good days and not so good days.  But Jesus is the same. And I pray that is what you see through reading my blog.  As I have said before, I want you to see that Jesus is strong enough even on our weakest days!

So, I've decide today to write a purely happy post.  You know why it can be purely happy?  Because its about these precious, priceless, stinkin' adorable treasures that I have the privilege of being surrounded by.
Every moment I spend with them is pure bliss.  And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.  Some of the older kiddos are beginning to recognize me when I walk into the room.  Its so fun! I'm teaching them to say my name. I'll ask "Wo jiao shenme?!?" (What's my name?) And they'll just laugh and laugh and shake their little heads.  I say "Wo jiao ab-by."  And the kids and the nannies all repeat "Ab-by" in the cutest Asian accent ever.

When I first arrive, Mikey encouraged me to find a few "anchor rooms".  These are the rooms that I visit every day and make real effort to get to know the kids and nannies.  Its just that Maria's is such a huge place that it would be impossible to get to know every child or nanny.  Well, I currently have four anchor rooms.  Haha, I could never choose just one!

  I love hanging out with the kids who are old enough to interact with me.  In one room, we have a little game where Issac and Jaelyn say, "Bye Bye!" and I say "Where are you going?" And they say "To work!!" They toddle into the corner and then come bolting out screaming "NI HAO!!!" ...Lots of giggles and tickles follow. 

In another another room, I have absolutely fallen in love with a itty bitty princess with downs syndrome.  Shes tiny, not even sitting up yet.  I love to go in and hold her for as long as possible.  She just smiles and coos the whole time.  I love to sing "Jesus Loves Me" and talk about how her Heavenly Daddy cherishes her.  Priceless.

My number one anchor room is filled with lots of hustle and bustle.  I could stay there for hours. And sometimes I do!  The kids usually fight over who gets so sit in my lap, and they swat at the other kids who are trying to steal my attention.  I suppose the white girl with blonde hair is a novelty!  But I love being fought over :)  I have fallen in love with a little princess in that room named Fahlin.  Oh, she is beautiful! I taught her the motions to "If you're happy and you know it"  and I honestly think she would sing that song 200 times in a row if I would let her! I'm trying to teach her "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" to change things up a bit.  There is another princess in that room who is constantly sucking her fingers.  Well, finger suckers always have a special place in my heart because I sucked my fingers until I was eleven years old (I know, I know...).  Last night she crawled up into my lap, stuck those precious fingers into her mouth and fell fast asleep.  A taste of Heaven.

These babies are treasures from Above, no question about that.

Look at this face! Lucas is so lively and fun! He just makes me chuckle with his funny facial expressions.  He loves to love!

This is the sweet finger-sucker.  Look at those precious hands!

Enough said.

Is Franky not the cutest nugget ever!!! I could eat her with a spoon!
This is Fahlin..my little "Happy and you know it" Diva. What a joy she is!


Little Chinese Princesses.    
 Its official.  I'm in love.

Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies You have prepared praise.
Matthew 21:16