Thursday, February 17, 2011

Update

Hello sweet friends and prayer warriors,

Just a quick update.  I arrived safely in Beijing!  My flight this morning was quite uneventful, which is a good thing. (Side note: the seat beside me was empty a-g-a-i-n!)  I was the only western person on the entire plane, which is kind of fun!  Mikey was in Beijing for work, so he met me for lunch, which was a nice little outing!  He dropped me back at the airport where I hung out at starbucks for a few hours while I waited for the rest of the study abroad students.  I met up with them with no problems.  We arrived at our hostel around 10 pm and now we're getting settled in and geared up for the next few days.  We'll be here until Monday.

I'm feeling very out of my comfort zone.  I'm missing the babies and the familiar of Maria's.  But I am excited for whats to come.  Different is good...and this is definitely different.  I will greatly appreciate your prayers over the next few days/weeks, dear ones.  It is such a comfort to have a band of prayer warriors following my journey.  I'll try to do a real post soon.  I still have lots on my heart, but life is about to get crazy! I'm sure things will settle down when I get to school.

Lots of love from the far side!

No comments:

Post a Comment