Monday, March 14, 2011

Only in China...

The past five weeks have been filled with many new experiences.  Some of them have been somewhat normal, or at least expected experiences.  Some of them have left me shaking my head and saying, "Only in China..."  This blog is dedicated to those moments :)

Only In China...
·         Does Mcdonalds taste like a gourmet meal
·         Can you drive backwards on a freeway exit ramp and it be perfectly acceptable
·         Are there footprints on the toilet seat in public restrooms
·         Do you have to dodge spit bullets every time you go in public
 ·         Is crossing the street like a game of human frogger

·         Can you buy bouquets of bears
·         Do you get hit on by five middle eastern men in one class period
·         Can you eat a McDonalds big mac and a dairy queen blizzard in the same meal and not feel guilty
·         Do you say, “I need to take my computer tonight so I can look up information about dragons.”
·         Do cats roam the halls of dormitory buildings…and no one cares

·         Do you go to an amusement park and find that YOU are the biggest attraction

·         Do you find sausage links hanging out with the laundry

·         Do you hear the song “Last Christmas” blasting in a department store…in March
·         Do seals dance with humans to the theme song of Titanic.


 These funny little cultural differences have definitely taken some getting used to.  But I know these are the very things I will cherish in my heart when my time in China comes to an end. 
I love China :)

2 comments:

  1. That was great!!! LOL!! The reason the cats are there is because that is the only place they are safe.....or are they?! LOL

    Love You!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better Cats then Rats! I've shared your blog with my nieces, Josie age 10 from Nanning, Guangxi, and Emilie age 8 from Yibin, Sichuan. They are traveling China for 4 weeks this summer on a heritage tour!
    Love the stories! You have our "thoughts" and admiration!
    Cindy and Lydia Joy Grimes-Baxley, Georgia

    ReplyDelete