Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blessings

My my, how time flies my friends! Sorry I've been MIA while my sweet mama has been here, but can you blame me for wanting to spend every waking moment with her?  What a glorious nine days we've had together.  I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it has been to have my Mama on this side of the world with me.  Meeting her at the airport was just as wonderful as I had imagined.  Neither of us could hold back the tears as we hugged.  Just so much emotion, ya know?  I couldn't believe I was actually touching her! We spent two quiet days in Beijing relaxing, visiting the great wall, and shopping at the pearl market.  So.much.fun.  On Tuesday, we came to Maria's and have spent a week here loving on sweet babies, talking, praying, crying...and repeating the cycle.  I don't really know what else to say.  I could go into tons of detail about our days, but to the common person, it probably doesn't seem like we did anything too exciting.  Mom only got to eat two authentic Chinese meals (the rest were foster home Chinese  food and peanut butter sandwiches).  She did manage to cook me a delicious meal of spaghetti and garlic toast...with no electricity or water!  We didn't see many majestic tourist sites or visit many "must sees" of China...but you know what we did? We were slobbered on by babies.  We played tickle-time with preschoolers.  We stroked tiny faces.  We sang silly songs.  We laid in bed and giggled.  We drank coffee on the roof.  We caught up on the past four months of life.  And it was glorious.  I can't even express the depth of my thankfulness.  We experienced a lot together this week.  It was so wonderful for me to finally have someone to share this with.  Someone who I hold so dear to my heart. I think we both have a lot to process.  Perhaps my processing will come in the form of more blogs! :) I have a lot more I want to say, but I feel at a loss for words.  So, for tonight I'll leave you with some pictures. Enjoy :)





We have been blessed.

Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.
Luke 12:48

6 comments:

  1. The photos say it all! So glad you had time with your precious mama.

    Love you Abby,
    Mama Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. how precious Abby!! I am so glad you got to spend time with your mom in China!! love you!!

    love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see the pictures of you both!! I know it was great! Can't wait to talk to your Mama on 'this side'.
    Enjoy, Enjoy your summer at Maria's. Thank you for going there for those of us who cannot!!!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Abby! so excited for you and your mom! I'm so glad she was able to go and experience your hearts passion with you. I only wish that one day I could go too... Who knows what the future holds! Love and miss you terribly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that you got to share this with your Mom!

    ReplyDelete