Friday, June 3, 2011

A Little Reminder

Last week, my Mom and I visited the Great Wall.  Its the only sight-seeing we did while she was here.  We took the ski lift up and after walking around for only about thirty minutes, we were honestly thinking about heading back down already.  Best Friend had different plans.  We decided to walk up onto one of the towers to get some pictures with the wall behind us.  A group of Korean college-age-looking people followed us up.  We asked one of them to kindly take our picture.  Then the group headed over to a corner and one of the guys pulled out a guitar.  And there they began to sing.  They sang songs to Him.  They sang familiar songs of praise.  They sang at the top of their lungs with arms held high and faces tilted upward.  My mom and I sang the familiar tunes in English as they sang in Korean.  These were complete strangers, yet we were united by our common bond in Him.  In a place where this type of activity is sort of unheard of.  Yet we sang loud.  How beautiful is that?

That morning, my mom and I were chatting with Him before our day began.  And we asked that our lives would radiate the loveliness of His presence...and that people would notice.  After an hour of singing on the great wall, one of the brothers came up to us and asked if we were like-minded.  We answered yes, and he looked to my mom and said, "Yes, you are glowing."

This whole experience was a sweet reminder that said: "I am present in the country.  I am present in these people.  I am present in these children. I am worthy to be praised."  May He receive what He deserves from our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Abby! That is awsome....I love how Jesus can show up in moments like those when we are open and obedient.

    ReplyDelete