Monday, June 6, 2011

Come Quickly

hot tears
heart pounding
stomach churning
lip quivering
quiet

this.is.not.okay.
I'm at a loss for words.
I'm angry.
I'm furious.
I'm helpless.
I'm mad.
Its not fair
Its not normal

this.is.not.okay

orphans were not in the plan
sickness was not in the plan
pain was not in the plan
dying children were not in the plan
loneliness was not in the plan
suffering was not in the plan

but,
heartache is the norm on this sin-struck earth.

And as long as we continue on this pilgrimage through life,

there will be suffering.

I hate it. 
I hate every part of it.
I hate staring into their tiny faces and being helpless to offer comfort.
I hate saying, "I have to go now" when they're clinging to my neck.
I hate seeing the tears welling up
I hate gazing into a room lined wall to wall with cribs

this.is.not.okay.
And all I can say is

Come quickly.

Life on earth just plain stinks sometimes.

My biggest fear is of gaining a hard heart towards things like this.  As a defense mechanism.

God Forbid.

this.is.not.okay.

and I never ever ever ever ever want to act like it is

even when allowing myself to feel the pain hurts way worse than pretending like its not happening.

May suffering and injustice cause me to hate sin.

and I mean

hate sin.

hate it so much that I flee from it with everything in me.

 
May suffering and injustice cause me to long even more for eternity

And for the day when

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, not pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
 Revelation 21:4
Today my heart is broken
Today I feel like I can't move because of the pain
Today tears are falling

and I won't be ashamed.

this.is.not.okay.

And I won't pretend like it is.  



5 comments:

  1. LOVE this, so true and so powerful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this post. I'm praying for your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your heart. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many kinds of injustices and pain. You have a heart filled with compassion for those whom you make a difference just simply by being there..A PART OF THEIR DAILY LIVES. Take heart, my dear......thank you for sharing it, as this too, makes a difference. Especially to those who love you and miss you dearly. You have a special way that makes God smile upon you. Thank you Abby, simply put, for being the person that you are. A blessing to all who know you. Hugs to you and these precious lives that you touch daily. Love to you & yours, Starr

    ReplyDelete