Saturday, June 25, 2011

Princess

Dear Princess,

I hold you in my arms today
savoring every single second
Because I know that your time on earth is short.
Your little heart can't handle much more.
Your breaths are already shallow and strained.

There are so many questions I can't answer for you, Princess.
I don't know why your mommy and daddy couldn't care for you.
I don't know why you were born with a sick heart.
I don't know why you have to go to bed alone
night after night after night.

But one thing I do know, Princess
You are not a mistake, Beloved Child.
You were knit together inside your mama's belly
And every part of your body is perfectly formed.
He did not turn his face a way when you were created.
He was right there,
forming every last ligament and fingernail
You are a masterpiece.

You are a vessel of His glory, Princess.
When you smile, His joy spills out
When you giggle, His light bounces around the room
And when your little eyes well up with tears of loneliness
the heavens also weep.
He loves you so much

I'm a little envious, Princess
Because you're going to meet Him so soon.
It will happen so quickly
Before you know it, you will be transformed
Suddenly there will be no more tears
No more shallow breaths
No more sick hearts
No more loneliness.
You will be in His everlasting arms, sweet girl.
I know He is anxious to hold you

I'm so thankful that He has given me one more day with you, Princess
I want answers to all the questions
I want to know why
My heart is screaming,
"IT'S NOT FAIR!"
But I look into your sweet face
And I am reminded that He is good
Even when I don't understand.

I'll see you again soon, Princess
And all our questions will be answered

 





4 comments:

  1. beautiful. real. raw. love it, Abby. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your heart in each post you type! You are such a blessing to those around you! Thank you for serving those sweet babies.
    Kayla Siler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby , you made me tear up! I love what you are getting to do! You are such a blessing to each of those sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete