Monday, June 20, 2011

Rest for my soul

Last week I made a trip to Nanjing to visit some precious friends from Berry.  They are in China for six weeks for a cultural exchange with the people and country who I hold so dear to my heart.  I can't even begin to express what a blessing it was to be with familiar faces!  I haven't seen these friends in six months, and I'd forgotten how wonderful it feels to simply be around people who know me.  While here, they are each spending a lot of time at the local college university campuses to build relationships with students.  It was so neat to spend a day in their lives and meet all their Chinese friends.  The campus in Nanjing is very similar to mine in Chengdu.  My most favorite part of the week, though, was basking in His presence with my brothers and sisters.  To be able to share freely and receive encouragement and prayer from people who walked through life with me up until my departure for China.  What a blessing.  It truly was rest for my weary soul.  When I first began planning to come to China, I had no idea He was also preparing to send a group of my friends at the same time.  Could He be any sweeter?  Now we not only have the shared experience of China...but we also have a tender spot in our hearts for these people.  We are united on this common ground.  He attends to details, my friends.  Every single one.  Sadly, I didn't take many pictures myself...but here's a little glimpse.  I am one blessed child of one Great Father!




No comments:

Post a Comment